LOCAL SEARCH MARKETING
Local search is becoming more important because search engines like Google are becoming more focused on local results. For example, Google has introduced a feature whereby people searching for a generic term, like “pizza”, are automatically directed to restaurants in their area.
- Visibility - A local search program can be very cost effective, especially when compared to printed yellow pages, local advertising and pay per click campaigns. The return on investment is often higher because you are able to target a specific category and location.
- Flexibility: Because you can change your online listings at any time, you have the opportunity to test different information about your business and find out what works best in terms of generating leads.
- Local Traffic: You can benefit from local search as a means to drive customers to your storefront or website. Over 85% visit a retail storefront or contact a business on the phone or by e-mail, as a result of their online local search
- Users: Studies indicate that customers with Internet access are more likely to use a search engine than printed sources and that this trend is increasing every year.
- The Future: Local search is likely to become more important in the future because search engines like Google are becoming more focused on local results
Once your site is in tip top shape for the search engines then it's time to submit your site to various directories. The more websites and well visited directories your website is listed in the higher your page rank will be over time. We help our clients design and create various links from directories such as Manta, Merchant Circle, Google+, Yellow Pages, Yelp and many more.
Here is a great article on link building.